AniCura Marina Baixa Veterinary Hospital has a Helical Computed Tomography (CT) machine.
The speed of obtaining images is ten times faster than a conventional CT scan and obtains volumetric data, being able to:
- Perform three-dimensional images, dynamic angiographic studies and virtual endoscopy.
- Visualisation with good resolution of 1 mm tumours.
- Rapid scans, such as, for example, a large dog's thorax in just 30 seconds.
What is a CT scan useful for?
CT scans are useful across almost all departments:
- In oncology for the diagnosis of tumours and the pre-surgical plan for oncological surgery and chemotherapy.
- In otorhinolaryngology to evaluate otitis media/internal otitis, polyps, nasal pathologies, etc.
- In pneumology to evaluate tumours, abscesses, pulmonary torsions, etc.
- In neurology to evaluate herniated discs, spinal fractures, cranial tumours, etc.
- In traumatology to better evaluate fractures, diagnosis of elbow dysplasia, pre-surgical plan of bone deformities.